Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Am I?

Last night, while hanging out with my friends, Jules pointed out that I have turned into a B since taking this new job. I was appalled! She said that I NEVER return phone calls, check my voicemail, and am now screening calls more than ever. She went on to say that we don't talk daily; now it's more like two to three times a week. Furthermore, when she does actually get to talk to me, I am Debbie Downer :-( She even said that I am no longer fun and/or funny (which hurt more than being called a B).

Maybe she is right. My job is more rigorous than any I have had before. I am busy from the time I enter the building until the time leave (which is usually later than when I am supposed to leave). I don't have time to talk on the phone during the day. When I get home, being on the computer is the LAST thing I want to do at night. I, myself, have noticed that I am not the same "Carefree Casey" that I was while working at Lamar; there are just too many obligations and deadlines!

I think that once I get more experience in this job, I will be more relaxed and my stress level will decrease dramatically (plus, it will help when I have my assistant full-time). So, to adhere to my 2009 goals, I am going to try and be better friend.

Try calling me, see if I answer :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment