Thursday, February 5, 2009

Times They Are A-Changing

Tonight, Meg and I had to do some volunteer work downtown and decided to eat at Carl's Jr. (a place we never frequent). We go in and what do we see? Kiosks!!! You can order your meal and pay for your meal just by using a touchscreen. We jumped at the chance to use it while others in the lobby decided to order the "old-fashioned" way. Using the machine was very easy and I encourage you to go and try it out. I am amazed with technology; however I hate to see people-to-people interaction decrease. By the way, it was hilarious to see some "country folk" come in and exclaim, "What the heck is that?" They were helped by Carl's Jr. staff and seemed very happy with the experience of ordering their food.

Since Carl's Jr. is near the Greyhound bus station, we decided to sit near a window to watch the people get on and off the buses. However, we only got to see one bus leave the parking lot :-(

We also sat where we could see the cars coming out of the drive-through and we decided to perform a social experiment (we should have been sociologists). Anyway, we decided to wave at the people leaving the drive-through and wanted to see how many would wave back. Luckily 50% waved back; the other 50% "didn't see us." The ones who did see us, left with a smile on their face.

The trip ended with Meg asking the "country folk" where one could ride ATVs since this I what I want to do for my next birthday (Side Note: the country folk pulled into the parking lot with three ATVs on a trailer and when I saw that, I decided that that was what I wanted to do for my birthday). They listed some places, but they weren't sure if one can rent ATVs, but told us it was a definite possibility. Then they tried to sell us one for $1800.00 (which seems like a bargain to me). Anyway, I will keep you posted on the ATV trip (in case you want to join).

Who knew one could have such a GREAT time at Carl's Jr.???

1 comment: